💖 Welcome To The GoE!
👍 GoE Facebook
Does EFT Work?
This article comes from Tamara Donn. She writes: Recently I received feedback from one of my ex-subscribers saying that the reason they unsubscribed was that "EFT doesn't work. Ever"!
Although I don't know anything about this ex-subscriber, the comment sounds reactive so I would suggest for them to tune into the feelings about the fact that EFT doesn't work. For example, it could bring up feelings of frustration, anger, powerlessness, blame, "life is against me"... I would then ask if there is an event early in their life where these feelings were felt strongly. I would then encourage them to tap on that event.
Receiving this feedback motivated me to write about what you can do when EFT appears not to be working.
Read on for full details...
In my experience, roughly 80% of my clients notice improvements with EFT quickly and easily. Another 10% improve with perseverance and for the remaining 10% not much improvement!
Tip 1: Be specific
EFT works best when you are being specific. So if, for example, you are tapping on anxiety by saying:
"Even though I have this anxiety, I deeply and completely accept myself"
You may get a result but you are more likely to get greater improvement if you increase specificity by:
1) focussing on a specific event in your life when the emotion, in this case anxiety, was strong, even better if you can remember the first time you felt this way.
"Even though I feel anxious when I think about the time I didn't know if he was coming home or not,..."
2) focussing on where you feel it in your body including colour, texture, size and any other detail you can imagine or see.
"Even though I have this blue achy, anxiety on the left size of my chest,..."
3) combine both techniques of the above so in the example above by focussing how the anxiety feels when thinking about the time when you didn't know if he was coming home.
If you are doing EFT with youtube videos, these are general and get good results for some people, some of the time. If you are not getting anywhere, try and modify the scripts to tailor them more to suit your specific issue.
Tip 2: Use emphasis
When saying the setup phrase, say it with emphasis – louder, with more meaning and stand up and say it.
The sore spot is a tender area or spot on the upper area of the chest below the shoulder bone and to the right or left of the breastbone. While saying the setup statement, rub the sore spot instead of tapping the karate chop point.
The original long form of EFT sometimes shifts issues when the short form doesn't. The long form is as follows:
1) Setup statement 3 times while tapping on the karate chop point
2) Tap through the points as usual but
3) 9 Gamut Process (to connect with different parts of the brain):
For instructions on this technique watch this video:
For deeper results with EFT, take a course or book a one-to-one session in person or by phone or skype.