💖 Welcome To The GoE!
Guide to The GoE's Facebook Page
Information for GOE's Facebook page content creators and moderators. In this article we discuss how to post news, photos and articles as "The AMT" instead of your own personal Facebook account.
Added Sep 11, 2013
The GoE's facebook page has started to show real engagement recently by the people who like the page.
Thanks for all your efforts finding news, articles and photos of happy energists at work. It's really energising see all these updates and does a great job showing the energy community as being lively and engaged.
Please note as this is important - if you post as yourselves to the GOE's page then you will hardly get any response. This is because your post will only be visible to people going to the page, when most Facebook users see what is going on from their newsfeed.
You can see this for yourselves. Goto the page and see the difference in response between posts by the page or by people posting as themselves:
It pains us to see really good content getting one or two likes, so please follow these instructions (sorry if you already know this!):
Posting Directly to the Page as The AMT
This is useful if your post is only relevant to The AMT.
1) Click the little cog icon top right of the screen and you should see 'Use Facebook as:' choose "The Association for Meridian & Energy Therapies"
2) When you post content to https://www.facebook.com/GuildOfEnergists it should come up as being from The GoE rather than yourself.
3) Log back out of the GOE's facebook account by clicking the cog icon and choose 'Use facebook as: ' yourself.
Please may you identify your name in your post, as it makes it more friendly, eg "Happy Wednesday to all Energists :) Alex"
Sharing Your Own Content
This is useful if you want to gain exposure for something you've already posted as yourself to your own page or profile.
1) Post the content to your own page or profile
2) Click the little cog icon top right of the screen and you should see 'Use Facebook as:' choose "The Association for Meridian & Energy Therapies"
3) Press the back button in your browser to see your own content you've just posted. Click the 'share' button to share it to The GoE's facebook page.
4) Log back out of the GOE's facebook account by clicking the cog icon and choose 'Use facebook as: ' yourself.
One more tip - Facebook posts with images get a much higher engagement than those without.
Thanks everyone and please contact the office if you have any questions.
Added Sep 11, 2013