💖 Welcome To The GoE!
The Guild of Energists was founded in 1998 and is the world's largest Modern Energy organisation with 1 members active in 99 countries.
We specialise in energy based solutions for individuals and organisations that make the world a less stressed, happier, social and more creative place to live.
📚 Books For Energists
Brilliant NEW Books For Modern Energists at:
Welcome to the world of Meridian Energy Therapies!
If this is your first visit, here is an introduction to Meridian Energy Therapies in a nutshell just for you. Start your journey here with EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques "The Ambassador of Meridian Energy Therapies" and try two basic techniques for yourself online now.
Meridian & Energy Therapies & Energy Psychology
A First Introduction
- Meridian & Energy Therapies (METs) became a separate healing field when a US psychologist, Dr Roger Callahan, began to use insights about the body's energy system to treat psychological problems with astonishing success in the early 1980s.
- A large part of METs is still devoted to treating psychological problems such as fear, phobias, anxieties, motivation problems etc. This is also known as "Energy Psychology" and this rapidly developing field is re-writing the definitions of what is causing emotional disturbances and how to treat such disturbances swiftly, gently and very effectively.
- Originally, there were only a few separate techniques. But in recent years, active research and feedback by a large number of innovators who came from other fields of human healing and found in the new Meridian Energy Therapies answers and routes of enquiry that were simply not available before has created a wonderful variety of METs.
- All the METs are still under constant development. There are two main organizations, the The AMT in the UK and Europe and The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology, ACEP in the USA, although both have members worldwide.
- The GoE host a large event every year in the UK in Autumn called the GoE Energy Conference, which is open to all and hosts some of the biggest and brightest stars in the energy therapy community. Past presenters have included Silvia Hartmann, Dr Mark Atkinson, Karl Dawson, Sandi Radomski, Dr Thornton Streeter, Sandra Hillawi and many more.
- The GoE was established in 1998 to be the first professional body behind the new meridian therapies.
- The extremely rapid spread and development of the METs is most likely due to the fact that there exist simple self help protocols that professionals and lay people alike can easily try out for themselves and use in their own personal development. Rather than "from the top down", METs are spreading as a single person at a time experiences their power to change and heal and decides to join what has been called "the energy therapies revolution".
- The most accessible and most widely known of the METs is Gary Craig's Emotional Freedom Techniques or EFT. It has been called "The Ambassador of the New Meridian & Energy Therapies" and with its user friendly, easy design has brought many tens of thousands of professionals and lay people alike to an awareness of the wonderful benefits of the new Meridian Energy Therapies for mind, body and spirit.
- The GoE now teaches an updated EFT system called "Energy EFT" which was developed by Silvia Hartmann in coordination with GoE trainers. The GoE's courses on Energy EFT are Energy EFT Foundation and the Energy EFT Master Practitioner which both are avialable by live training and distance learning. To read about the evolutionary development from TFT to EFT to Energy EFT read the GOE's History of Tapping article.
EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques -
The Ambassador Of Meridian Energy Therapies & Energy Psychology
Overview & Introduction
EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques in brief:
- EFT is a Meridian Energy Therapy - just like acupuncture, it works directly on the meridian system in the energy body. But instead of needles, you stimulate the major meridian points by tapping on them or massaging them lightly.
- EFT is a true mind/body healing technique because it combines the positive effects of meridian energy treatments with the mental effects of focussing on the pain or problem at the same time.
- EFT is a self help protocol, designed for ease of use and so everyone can benefit from Emotional Freedom Techniques without prior knowledge about energy work or meridians.
Gary Craig, developer of EFT
- EFT was designed and developed by Gary Craig, a Stanford Engineer, from Dr. Roger Callahan's Thought Field Therapy or TFT.
- TFT is done by a carefully trained practitioner and relies on complex sequences of tapping the points called algorithms.
- Gary Craig applied the concept of "total redundancy" to TFT and made the EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques protocol in which you tap all the meridian points for every problem, so by default you will always tap on the right one.
- Sometimes, the reasons and causes for problems, anxieties and fears are difficult to reach for a single person working on their own.
- In this case, it is a good thing to visit with a good EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques or MET (meridian energy therapies) practitioner who has experience and can find out how to start the process off right.
- But you still continue to use the basic EFT protocol at home or when you are in the situation that is making you nervous, fearful or stressed.
- The fact that you can do the Emotional Freedom Technique on yourself anywhere, everywhere - all it takes is a few minutes and your own hands - makes EFT remarkable in all ways in psychology and self help.
- Without any training, you really can use EFT to help yourself in moments of doubt and fear, in the middle of the night, or when you are on your own.
👍 Like & Share on Facebook
Do you love ENERGY? Do you love working with energy, playing with energy, talking about energy and discovering more about Modern Energy?
The GoE is the place to be for Modern energists.
Find out what's on where, who's doing what in energy tapping & Modern Energy. Get special offers & the latest information on conferences, special events, workshops and certification courses.